Today was a bit different on the way home. I heard two stories. Garrison first.
"Mom, did you know what we can read? You can read differently by looking at the pictures. I did it. I was able to read the story without reading the words. Did you know we could do that mom? We can read a book. It is just different." "Really Garrison. That is great! Did you enjoy doing that?" "Yup." Simon chipped in that he had been able to do that as well. Garrison was especially excited.
Simon:
"Mom, do you know what we did today? We played tackle boys verses girls." "What?!?" (I was confused--was this a class activity or was this on the playground? It was on the playground.) "Yup, we had teams and then we would try to get them. . . the girls. . . and then then we would tackle them and then they would try and get us. We tried to block them and they would block us from going down the slide. Then if we got them we would tackle them. Next time we need Garrison on our team. Garrison, will you be on our team?" "Simon, you tackled girls?" "Yes." "Were you careful and gentle with the girls?" "Yes, and if they said they quit then I didn't tackle them."
Ah, the many lives of a kindergarten kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment