Thursday, September 15, 2011

What the internet has done

The internet has done a lot of great things in my life. Love the communication, love the recipes, love the blogging,love the shopping, lots of love love love.

Last night though, I was not happy with what the internet has given to me. I shed lots of tears and prayed prayed prayed. See, a couple of year ago I stumbled upon the blog of a woman who lives in Washington. I love her blog and love her perspective. She makes me laugh. She makes me think. She is a believer and I love following her. Though I have never met her, though I don't believe I ever will while on this earth, I still like her. I don't know if we'd be friends or not.

Her son. . . her beautiful son. . . her seventh grade son. . . her oldest child. . . .was killed in an accident. From what I can gather from the comments on her blog, he was caught in a fast moving stream and drowned. Drowned. Here I was, little ole Shanda in Michigan, crying for a the loss of a mama that I can't even call a friend.

There is tradgedy all around us. The news. . . heck the internet is chock full of information about terrible things happening to wonderful people. There are so many people and situations that I'm praying about. For some reason, this has hit me very hard. I've been struggling to accept the death sentence that my friend Ellen was given last week. After three rounds of chemo. . . things don't look good. She is younger than me, two kids. . . I just weep before God and beg for Him to heal her. Maybe these things are hitting my heart because I don't want them to happen to me. I don't want to die anytime soon. I don't want to lose any one of my kids. Drowning scares me.

I'm so glad that God is my comfort. I'm so glad that He weeps with me. I'm so glad that He knows all and sees all and can do big things, or chose to do big things that I don't agree with. I trust Him completely. Completely. Yes I do. So. . . if you see me with a little tear in my eye. . . or if I see you with one. . . let's promise to pray for each other and for our families. Oh, and I gave each kid an extra hug last night. Anna wishes she could Jack once more. I'm sure that Ellen is holding her kids a little longer every day. I have the opportunity again today with my kids and I'll take it.

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

i cried with you. still heavy on my heart. yes, i'm also hugging my babies a little tighter these days. hug yours for me too.