Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Park

Didn't think I'd go to a park today. . . to play on the playground. It is January 8! We went to Helder Park where we often go during the summer. It was a much different place. It sounded different. There weren't any leaves and there weren't any other kids playing. We saw a few people walking around with their dogs. Different shadows. A very different feel.
Gary got called out to work. It sounded like the perfect time for the rest of us to head outside and run. In fact, that is the reasoning that I gave the kids. "We need to go outside and run!" "Get out of the van and run." "Hey, lets run together." "Everyone do one more run across the tennis courts." They ran. My plan was to go to church tonight with everyone. Running would be good for us and might tire us out a bit so we (meaning my children) would run less at church. True, being outside was great for us and we pounded a pizza when we got home, but the kids still had a lot of run in them.
What is it about Sundays and energy? I remember being so silly in the car on the way home from church. I remember having tons of energy as a kid on Sunday nights. Dad pulled the car over more than once to tell us to knock it off. These days I want to take a nap. Today I did take a nap (thanks honey!). Do other families notice this with their children? Tons of Sunday energy? They should bottle that into a drink. "Kids' Sunday Energy." I'd be a multi-millionaire.

No comments: