38 years ago I was born to some pretty amazing parents.
30 years ago I had my first (and only) school friends birthday party.
29 years ago I was given my best birthday present: pierced ears!
22 years ago I was licensed to drive. The tank was mine! (my favorite car ever)
15 years ago I celebrated my first birthday away from my family.
13 years ago I was given over 100 balloons by my sweet middle school students.
8 years ago I was delivered a single balloon 30 times during the school day. The last one came in the hands of my sweet nephew Bryce. My siblings traveled from Michigan to Chicago to surprise me.
7 years ago I went to a Stryper concert with my new boyfriend Gary.
Today: My husband gave me a funny card this morning. We ate orange mini-cupcakes for breakfast. I packed a lunch. I changed a blown-out diaper. I put kids in time out. I gave lots of hugs and kisses. I kept looking at the clock hoping for nap time to arrive. I got together with a friend and my kids behavior was less than stellar. I didn't get a chance to shower. I didn't get a chance to sleep in. I won't get a chance to go out for dinner.
Although I love those past birthday memories, I wouldn't trade being in this family for any one in my past.
Gotta go--Noel is whining that she wants someone to sleep with her. Time to take away a Meg (one of her two "Meg" stuffed animals).
3 comments:
HAHAHA! I forgot about the balloons!! That was so great :)
I remember all your stories about "the tank" that you used to tell us. I n fact when my dad asked what kind of car I wanted when I turned 16, I told him about your car and how many rolls of toilet paper it could hold. LOL. He told me to dream on ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday! I actually just turned on my computer to wish you a happy day. Sounds like you're having a pretty (happy) normal day...I just hope u don't have to cook!!!
Happy birthday!!!!!
Post a Comment