These were my instructions to my sweet sons. This is what happened.
I sat down to eat my breakfast (cold of course) and Garrison arrived ready to cut out the pictures from the paper that I was done with. He had on a long sleeved shirt and long pants.
"Garrison, I asked you to wear shorts and a short sleeved shirt." "Oh brother." As an aside--this has become a favorite phrase of Garrisons. He uses it often and sometimes even correctly! I'm not sure where he picked it up, but it doesn't bother me. He doesn't appreciate it though when I laugh at how he is using it. Often, he'll respond with an "Oh brother" because I'm laughing which will cause me to laugh even harder. He stomped off to his room to change. He arrived back minutes later and began rummaging through the newspaper.
"Garrison, you still have on a long sleeved shirt and put on a new pair of long pants. Would you please go back to your room and put on shorts and a short sleeved shirt." I said this all while laughing.
Three "oh brothers" later. . . he returned in appropriate wear. :)
I had just returned to my reading and eating when Simon appeared in the hallway in just his underwear. He was holding his favorite shirt and his favorite shorts. Both were regulation for the day. This is what he said to me in a close-to-being-whiny-voice.
"Mom, you said that I had to wear shorts and a shirt and not wear pants and a long shirt! I want to wear these." I started to laugh, looked at him, and said "yes". "But mom. . . " "Think Simon, think about what you just said to me." "Oh". And he was off to put on the clothes that he so desperately wanted to wear.
I'm glad that I like to talk--I seem to often do it just for myself. :)
1 comment:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment