Monday, October 11, 2010

invitation

I'd like to invite you to church this Sunday. In particular, I'd like to invite you to Holland Heights Church this Sunday. Although every Sunday is special at HHCRC, this Sunday there is something very unique happening.

Jim Terpstra is coming to speak. He is a recovering addict--to prescription medication. He has experienced so much of what dad has experienced (and is experiencing). The difference is that he has come out on the other side. Every day is difficult, but every day is sober. His marriage is back in tact--with lots and lots of work. His feet are firmly planted on the solid rock of our Lord.

He has been such an encouragement to our family, in particular to my mom. He and his wife Kathy have spoken on numerous occasions to her and have given her wonderful advice and lots of hope. I haven't had the chance to talk with him, so I'm especially eager to hear, to learn, and to thank him.

If you'd like to learn more about addiction (something I think God's people need to do desperately!) then feel free to come. Our service is at 10:00. There is even great coffee (so I'm told--I don't drink coffee--sad I know. . . perhaps another post on another day!) and cookies after the service.

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. Maybe I'll see you there.

No comments: