I got up with the girls rather early this morning (5:00--thank you daylight savings blah blah!). We did the whole morning routine thing. Gary stayed home again. . . he still wasn't 10-4. I asked if he would stay with Penny while I took the boys to school and then got groceries with Noel. We were out of milk and orange juice. And carrots. I had it in my head that I needed to make soup today. You know how that goes.
As we enter Meijer (A.K.A. Thrifty Acres), Noel looks and me and says, "Mama. . . Mama. . . my tummy." Then she stopped talking and began vomiting. I of course tried to catch it. What great mama wouldn't try to catch vomit in her hands. It makes perfect sense of course. :) I hugged my crying child and tried to get her to calm down just a bit. She instead decided that announcing that she had just vomited was a much better choice. I'm sure the folks entering the store appreciated hearing the news before they actually saw us in the puddle of said vomit. Thankfully, I was right by the cart wipes, so I grabbed a ton of wipes and began cleaning up. A neighbor who was at the customer service desk brought over some toilet paper to help clean up Noel. A checker brought two plastic bags so put the trash in. I cleaned up the floor and my daughter as best as I could, grabbed my purse and my grocery bags, and left the store. Had you been there, you would have heard her telling every person that we met that she had just "frowed up" (spelling correct) and that now she had "the flu".
I got her home and tucked into her own island on the couch with Sid the Science Kid. I changed my clothes and returned to Meijer without any children (wow!) and went in the other door. I managed to run into several (5) people that I knew. I thanked God that I could be at Meijer and have friends to meet. That wasn't always the case. It was nice.
I managed to scan all of my groceries and near the end of the order I greeted my wonderful friend Rebecca who pulled up behind me. We chit chatted and I scanned my coupons. I'm saving money baby! The problem is this: I don't have any money to spend. I had my purse, my phone, my grocery list, and my coupons. I didn't have a wallet. I laughed and laughed. What a day it had already been. Thankfully, today's angel was Rebecca who paid for my groceries and graciously allowed me to pay her later.
Now the kids are all sleeping and I'm relaxing. I'm still laughing. It is quiet, but I'm still laughing.
2 comments:
have noel cough on all the other ones. get them all sick at once, that way you'll be over and done with it!
my boys haven't had the flu in 2 years. knock. on. wood.
hang in there sister! you're a great sport.
your angel-of-the-day's name was Rebecca!!!!!
Post a Comment