I woke up about 5:00 this morning, lay for awhile and realized that all was not well. I whispered to my dear husband that I thought I was sick. I don't have time to be sick. Simon was the estrella (the star) today and I was supposed to go with him, provide the snack, and celebrate all things Simon and Spanish. I was supposed to make chili for supper. I was supposed to enjoy the outdoors on this amazing day. I was supposed to shower and get out of my pajamas. Twas not to be.
I was up for a couple of hours to coordinate the breakfast/get ready for school thing and then I was off to my island. You'd think a busy mama might enjoy a day in bed. You'd think it would be fun to just lay. Nope. It isn't fun when you feel so crummy.
Gary volunteered in school. My mom took care of the girls this morning. Shanda: she lay low.
Gary has been checking in on me. I've called him a couple of times on his cell phone for help. I also called him to come and give me a pep talk. I'm feeling a little better this evening. I'm keeping down some crackers and gatorade. I haven't had caffeine all day which I'm sure is the reason for this crazy headache. I'm bored and I miss my kids. I just want to cuddle them and kiss them. My poor Penny. I'm sure she is very confused as to why her mama isn't kissing her so many times today.
For all the times when I just wish I could have a break: I'll remember this day. I wouldn't trade all the craziness and drama and noise and joy and stickers and messes and meals and laundry for being sick.
2 comments:
first of all, take that pregnancy test...and then be thankful you have a king-sized bed ;)
Lori--it would be such a waste of a pregnancy test! No more babies in the Sprick household!
I'm very thankful for a king-size bed. Originally I thought I didn't need it. . . so very very glad. Miss you girl.
Post a Comment