Thursday, July 24, 2014

How it's going

My apologies for the last blog post---I thought I published it, but it looks like it didn't.  So sorry!

We have had a good week!  I've been so very encouraged by friends and family.  We have been lifted up by prayer, but comments, by meals being brought in, by gifts. . .by Michael.

Michael is doing great.  On the adoption scale of things, Michael is doing amazingly well.  He is sleeping.  He is very attached to his mama.  He is very teachable and is respecting our authority on most issues.  He is eating well and doesn't seem to be hoarding anything.  Sure we have tons of issues and not all of them can be addressed right now.  We need to establish a great base with him and we will get there.  The other ducks seem to be respecting that some of the house rules (not all of them certainly!) don't apply to Michael.  He can chew with his mouth open.  He doesn't get his shoes taken away if he doesn't put them in his locker.  I don't yell super loud when he unbuckled his seatbelt before we get into the driveway.  He doesn't have to set the table yet and his duck duties are a bit lighter.  This is how life is running in the house.  They get it for the most part.

We had a great eye doctor appointment today.  Michael's vision is terrible.  Awful!  Oh I can't wait until he gets his new glasses.  His entire world is going to change.  As I've mentioned before, his behavior is more like a 3 year old than a 6 year old.  I know that I have seen big changes already and I really believe that when he can see the world with his really thick glasses. . .I think when that happens we'll be in a whole new ball game.

I love this guy.  He is so sweet and is very in love with his mama.  He is now hugging me more quickly in the morning.  He still isn't crying when he gets hurt.  Oh how I wish I could have gotten my hands on him when he was an infant, but God has given him to me now and I've already learned so much about God and about myself.

Please keep praying.  It is so very important.  We need protection each and every day as we work to put our new family together.  :)

No comments: