Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Two Days

We leave in two days.  Two days.

Things have been in such a whirlwind and I suddenly realize that I haven't blogged about our upcoming trip.

We leave on July 3 with four of us.  Gary, Garrison, Simon and I will be traveling to Chicago to board a flight for Tokyo after which we head off to Guangzhou.  We'll arrive after a short 19 hours.  July 7 is our gotcha day.

Our days since finding out have been filled with lists, cleaning, purchasing of gifts for officials and snacks, and trying to make as many memories as I can with my kids.  Today is Noel's birthday (7!) and though my "todo" list is quite long, I still want to honor her today.  I was so comforted this morning as I sat with God's Word that He has already gone before me and I can rest in Him.  I have much to do, but God is my rock.  It makes stepping forward into the day so much easier.  Bless Him!

I'll be blogging much more regularly now as I document the trip.  Please feel free to travel along.  Please pray for all of us as we insert a 6 year old in the middle of the family.  Please pray for safe travels and the beginnings of attachment.  Please pray that the girls will enjoy their time with my mom. . .and that she will enjoy her time with them. :)

Woo-hoo!  We are almost ready to board the ride.  Amazing.

2 comments:

GOTG said...

Praying for you and the crew during this very exciting time. God's got this all....enjoy His ride!

Carrie said...

We'll be watching your blog closely and praying fervently. We can't wait to meet our son's new classmate and your son!