Sorry I missed blogging for a day. We are having a wee bit of trouble. . . well we are just having trouble with connecting to the internet and with connecting with our vpn. I hadn't heard of a vpn before I came, but without it I can't use any sites that are blocked by China. That includes Blogger and Facebook. I'm thankful that I have access when I do.
It is 12:09 p.m. here and most of you are sleeping away. I've had trouble sleeping and have been getting up around 5:00 each morning, although this morning was 4:00. It has given me time though to do my devotions either in the bathroom or the hallway. I also went running one morning--through the 30th floor. Our floor is set up like a triangle, so for 15 minutes I ran around and around. I can't use the exercise machines in the "health room" because I can't read what they say.
Today is a free day so we have nothing planned. Yesterday we went to Martyr's Park in the morning. When we traveled to get Simon, we went there twice. Though I wish we could have stayed longer (It is a place that I love! It is huge! And there is an amusement park inside, although many of the things are a bit sketchy), the front of Garrison's shirt was soaked after about 20 minutes. To say it is hot here doesn't even begin to describe the wet crazy heat outside. So because we are done with appointments and touring, we are spending our days in the hotel mostly swimming in the pool, playing soccer by the elevators, Legos, and right now Gary is showing Michael what a pillow fight is. Sometimes the hours are long, but we just keep plugging away. It is a times like this that we all long for home. We have another week left--and that seems daunting. I know though that God's work for us here is not done, so each morning I will say "Yes Lord" and then see what things He asks for me to do.
We leave tomorrow by train for Guangzhou. This is a city of 13 million where the U.S. Consulate is. Michael will get a physical, a tb test, we'll take an oath not to abuse him, pick up his visa, and then we can come home. I'm not excited for the trip back to America for a variety of reasons (which I'll share with you later), but that is not a problem for today. I'll pray about it and then let it be. I'm hoping that our train trip is not like the last one.
Tonight we'll be having dinner with Karen, a missionary with ICC. She was one of Simon's nurses when he was a boy. I'm excited to talk with her and listen to all that God is doing in her life. She is in Sanmexia working to build up an ICC program in that city. I love seeing all these points of light for the Lord.
Tomorrow (or maybe later today) a post about Michael. It is strange and fun and weird and interesting to have a new person living with you 24 hours a day. I'm constantly trying to find out what makes him tick, how he reacts, when to correct, how much he needs to sleep, discover his intellect, looking at his body. . . everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment