I have peace this this afternoon. Lots of peace.
I woke up this morning to feeling better. I think sleep can do that to a person. Since I was going to church this morning, I didn't do my regular devotions and began instead with my gratitude journal. Words began flowing out of me and as I wrote about things that I was thankful for yesterday. . .yesterday didn't seem so bad. When I focused on all the great things that God had put into place (There was enough room for our luggage on the train. When I fell yesterday, neither Michael nor I got hurt. We had a great ride on the train. Our supper was surprisingly wonderful. We have a room with an air conditioner. Michael gave me a hug.). There is so much goodness coming from The Lord our way! I know we were under attack yesterday, but I got up and put on the armor of God and was ready to go!
Then I checked my e-mails and there was one from our China coordinator. Yes we have a new guide starting tomorrow (we didn't today), but no apology. No "we are so very sorry." Instead we read "there must have been some confusions (spelling correct)". Confusions? We were not confused! We were on the train! We got off! You weren't there!!! I sat fuming and then. . . Then God gave me new eyes to see.
I have a choice here. I can choose to get upset and look for the bad that has been done against me, and seek justice. . . Or I can forgive even when they don't admit they were wrong. I'd rather live in peace today and move forward and put it behind me. It took a little bit. I kept thinking about things again. . .but every time I claimed the Lordship of
Christ!
So today turned out to be wonderful so far. We really enjoyed our time as a family and time with friends. We were outside from 9:00-4:00. We are sticky and hot and sweaty. We made it to church and even got seats together (it was packed!). As I sat down I cried. Gary asked what was wrong and I was able to say, "Nothing. We are together with Christians and are worshipping Him with believers all over the world." It is so amazing to sit with the family of God. . . to listen to singing and praying in another language and not understand a thing, but feel the heartbeat of God.
Thanks so much for your prayers. I know that people read the blog post and prayed. My friend Nancy asked people to pray over Facebook. It was such an encouragement to see and know that people were covering us. We felt it today. I also received a message fom Sarah with scripture. I drank in Psalm 91 and felt comfort from The Lord.
"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against the stone." V. 11-12. "Because he loves me, says The Lord, I will rescue him. I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him." v. 14-15
Such promises! Such friends! Such family! Such an amazing God!
Tomorrow--medical exam and TB test for Michael. They don't let parents in the room for the shots, so I'm praying over my little guy's heart. Gary is uploading pictures, so I'll try and get those on later tonight. It has been awhile!
No comments:
Post a Comment