So I thought it would be an excellent idea to invite a friend over for the boys to play with. . . you know it's the second week of Christmas break and they might need a little diversion.
YIKES!
So I invited over this sweet boy from their class and then thought. . .hmm. . things don't always go well with three, so I'll invite another little boy too.
I'm so glad that I don't have quadruplets. Things have settled down now, but it seems to be more work to have kids over. I'd like to be able to have children over and then I get more done because they are occupied. It isn't the way it works! Every time there seems to be a 1 1/2 hour window where there is chaos and finally. . . things settle down and by the time that happens it is time to go home.
Dora is on for the girls. They need a little entertaining. The boys are downstairs and I'm letting them "work it out" when things go awry.
Friends--when does this change? At what age do children need less supervision when friends come over? And why do guests always want snacks? Do my kids repeatedly ask for snacks when they go somewhere? And why do my kids work at being mean to each other when friends are over? Is it funny? When will that stop? Will it stop?
And when you make rice krispy bars with rice chex (because you bought it by accident) and no exact measurements of the marshmallows because you have three opened bags in the pantry. . . they might be too marshmallowy. The kids won't care, especially because you topped the globby bars with leftover mini-m&m's from cookie decorating over Christmas. You will care though because things get super sticky and your daughter will get it on the front of her shirt and her long hair will stick in it--like a stocking hat with awesome long pom-poms on it. And then you have to change her shirt for the third time (she helped do dishes this morning) and more marshmallow will get in her hair. And she'll need a bath, but you don't want to do it right now so you put in piggy tails and forget about it until she lays down on your husbands pillow to watch Dora. Good times. Is Gary home yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment