Hi all
I'm constantly trying to get my kids to eat a bit of protein at breakfast. I know that I feel better when I eat some and I know that not everyone is like me. . .but since my kids are kinda like me. . .perhaps they do better at school and just feel less hungry when they eat some protein in the morning.
So I came across a recipe for Cottage Cheese pancakes. Sounds kinda. . . different. Every one of my older ducks commented "ewh" when they heard. BUT they all loved them! Not only do these have cottage cheese in them, but a ridiculous number of eggs. Eggs + cottage cheese= a huge amount of protein! These will be a regular Thursday morning breakfast (everyone has PE on Thursdays!). They are crepelike and very thin. Plus, they were made in my blender so I could just pour them on my griddle. (I may try to throw in some baking powder next time for a bit of rise. . . but I'm not a great baker and don't understand all the science--plus if the kids like them they why mess!)
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
1 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 T. canola oil
3 eggs
2 T. sugar
1/8 t. salt
1. In a blender combine ingredients. Blend until smooth. Thin slightly with water if necessary.
2. Pre-heat griddle pan on medium. Coat with cooking spray. Pour batter onto pan. (Makes about 8 pancakes) Cook until bubbles appear. Flip and cook until golden.
Found in dash newspaper insert
No comments:
Post a Comment