Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Middle of the night

2:26 a.m.

I've decided to get up rather than lay in bed for the next hour and a half.  I know I'm going to be up anyway. I've checked on the littles who roused me.  Garrison and I cuddled in his bed for a few moments.  Bad dreams stink.

I don't have one thought or event to blog about---rather so many thoughts running through my head.  Are you interested in that?  Then read on.  It'll be processing for me.  :)

Bible Study was a blessing today.  The ladies in my group gave me new things to think about.  Psalm 19:5 talks about God's glory being like a champion ready to run the race.  Amanda in my group brought up that she sometimes doesn't face her life like that.  Some days are plodding along. . . just get through it.  How would my day be different if I viewed my race. . . my life. . . as a champion ready to run?  On another note, David showed "God's Kindness" to Mephibosheth.  God's Kindness.  I wonder how much of my kindness is God's Kindness?  What are my motives?  I want to talk about it with my family at dinner tomorrow night and perhaps we need to make that one of our goals every day--to show God's Kindness.  I speak at the beginning of Bible Study and this morning I made mention of Penny tooting.  Afterwards I wondered if this was appropriate--talking about tooting in public.  I think my mom may have to weigh in on this as she was there.  I was talking about how God is just so personal with us.  This morning Penny picked up my Bible to bring it to me and as she was picking it up she tooted because the Bible is so heavy.  It struck me that God has given us so much!  He could have given us much less scripture, yet He chose to give us tons!  He wanted us to know so much about Him.

I heard myself on the radio again--and I smiled.  I did.  On Monday I was interviewed with Troy West at the JQ studios and it aired that afternoon.  I thought I sounded obnoxious.  My voice certainly isn't what I thought it should sound like.  :)  Then tonight the kids and I heard the ad that began to run.  After the interview I had recorded a little blurb.  Simon, Noel and I giggled as they heard my name and voice.  I'm very excited to do this speech.  I do need to spend some time on it.  It has been in the works for so long. . . I need to make sure that it is all put together.  I don't want February 2 to sneak up on me.  For the record, I'm speaking at a women's breakfast for I-61 ministries.  The title of my blah blah is God's Band-aids.  I'm going to jump off of Isaiah 61:1 where He promises to "bind up the brokenhearted".  This whole process of feeling the Holy Spirit and and putting this speech together has been so great.  I'm so honored and excited I can hardly stand it.  If you are in the area and want to come, it is an open event.

Simon was tested this afternoon for attention difficulties.  What a great afternoon!  Learning stuff about your child really gets me jazzed.  I was so proud to sit by him and be his mom--he is an amazing kid.  He asked me on the way home about what would happen if Gary and I died.  Would he be sent back to the orphanage?  It was with great joy I could announce that no, he indeed would not!  I'm thankful that he decided to ask.  With Bible Study in the morning and three hours of meeting/testing--I was whipped tonight!  Mental energy can take it out of ya.

So that is the stuff rolling around in my head.  There are lots of things to pray about and celebrate and ponder and learn from and do something about!  I'm sure your life is the same.  Enjoy your day and may you be as excited as a champion who is about to run a race!


1 comment:

KatieKate said...

How have I missed this speaking thing?! SOOOO exciting, Friend!

And Simon. Simon Simon Simon. No more orphanages for you. Just family...

or our farm. Whoever gets to you first.