"I'm done. I love you tons, but I'm done for today."
It was the last words I uttered to my kids last night as I tucked them into bed. Have you had one of those days? I yelled too much. I lost my patience far too quickly. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I asked them if they were serious far too many times. They were.
On the other hand, my kids had offered too much whining. There was so much selfishness. Fighting--over the top. Someone played in the dog food too many times. The lunch wasn't right. The snacks weren't right. There was anger because Mario wasn't as much a part of the day as someone wanted. Books were taken. Sisters were not allowed in the fort. Puzzle pieces were stolen. Garbage was dumped on the carpet. There was nothing to do.
I tried and they tried at times as well. We would rally each other and then. . . we would fall apart. Gary walked in and held the family together. I fell apart in his arms.
Friends came over for supper and that helped as well. We needed others for a new view. . . a distraction perhaps. I can smile this morning because it is a new day. God gives us a new day every day and I'm so thankful. We are on better feet this morning. I'm glad because I don't think that I can do another one like yesterday. Yet, we need to have yesterdays to teach us to be more patient. . . and to be thankful for the days with fewer conflicts, fewer raised voices, fewer tears, fewer ups and downs.
1 comment:
just this very morning, i felt exactly the same way you did!!! when the kids got on the bus, i cried because once again, satan had gotten the best of this mama today. i yelled when i didn't need to. i didn't yell when i really should've!!! argh!! we have been very intentional about talking openly about NOT allowing Satan into our home. he really likes the morning shift. he seems more welcome then. sooooo, we're working overtime to make sure that he knows he is NOT welcome here in the morning, or ANYTIME!!
now that we're more aware of his antics....we can boss him outta our house!
hang in there sweet mama....isn't it wonderful that God gives do-overs every day!!!
Post a Comment