Monday, January 7, 2013

That Penny!

I love my little girl.  She makes me smile so many times every day.  Yup, I love my other kids too and they make me smile as well.  BUT I've never been able to enjoy one of my 2 1/2 year olds as much as Penny.  With the older ducks at school, Penny and I are spending lots of one on one time together.  I love it.

There are times though when she makes me smile and just shake my head.  Let me share.  :)

Last Wednesday night Gary and I put the kids to bed and then sat together on the couch to watch some shows together. . . it was Big Bang Theory.  We love it.  I digress.  About 25 minutes after we had given hugs and kisses we heard the door close on the girls room.  We looked at each other and said together "Penny".  Our eyes held each other as we shook our heads back and forth because we both knew we didn't want to get it.  Neither of us wanted to get up off of the couch.  Neither one of us wanted to discipline her.  I shrugged my shoulders and we kept snuggling.


As I was getting ready for  bed I remembered that Noel's lips had been a bit chapped, so I grabbed the Vaseline and headed to her room.  I opened the door and found Noel's light on and both girls sleeping together.  It was so sweet.  No this can't happen every night, but I headed for the camera.  I noticed, but didn't process that Noel's clothes were scattered all over the foot of her bed and it looked as if Noel had been crying.  As I grabbed the camera I met Gary and I shared with him was was going on.  "I wonder what Noel was crying about.  There are tear stains on her face."  "Crying?"  he replied.  And he followed me into the room.  I took this sweet picture and then moved in to wipe away Noel's tears.  (Can you see the shiny right next to her mouth?)



It was then that I discovered that they weren't tear stains but rather lip gloss.  It was all over Noel's face and Penny's face.  I laughed, shook my head (again) and looked over at Gary.  "lip gloss".  "Seriously?!?"  "Yup. She got into Noel's lip gloss."  The wand was still in her pudgy little hand and the gloss container was in the other.  We took another picture--to serve as evidence.




It is our fault of course.  We didn't get up to discover what had happened.  The kicker came in the morning.  I asked Penny is she had gotten into bed with Noel.  "I sneak." she responded.  "Yes you did.  What did you do?"  "I took Noel's wip gwoss.  I put it on eyes and cheeks."  To make sure I got it she imitated with her hands how she had done it.  Then I got one of her poop eating grins.  "Please don't do it again."  "O.k. mama."  She won't do it again. . . I know it.  I threw Noel's lip gloss in the garbage.











No comments: