Monday, January 7, 2013

Protection

I'm wrestling with facebook.  It won't let my last name be "S".

I've created a new facebook page for my future speaking engagements.  I want folks I meet to be friends with me on facebook.  I want to make connections.  I'm just not sure how to go about doing this. . . making myself a professional.  I know it will happen (getting friend requests) because it did while I was working for a month on air at the radio station.  Folks wanted to be friends with me and I had no clue who they were!  I want to encourage friendships via facebook. . . but until we are really friends. . .

Advice?


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Shanda - many people use their middle name as their last name. It's still not easy to find people, but maybe for the current one you have you can change it to Shanda Lynn OR your speaker one can be a fan page rather than a person, or that name can be Shanda L. Sprick or Shanda Sprick, Speaker something like that maybe? but, I don't really know. :)

shanda said...

Thanks Kelly.

Gary and I had a great conversation about it and decided that for now--I'm small potatoes. Small Small potatoes. For now, I'll friend folks and see what God does with it. If it gets crazy, I'll create a new one and send friend requests to my "in touch" friends.

julie s said...

I was going to mention that I heard you advertised on Chris and Emilee... Well, the problem was Chris kept calling you Shonda--like the comedian Chonda or Shonda Pierce. Maybe correct him :)