Thursday, September 12, 2013

50,000

Sometime last night my blog passed 50,000 views.  I'm not one to watch the stats on the blog--that would be discouraging to me when I compare it to other blogs.  I'm not blogging to see how many readers I can get.  I did notice around 43,000ish that a milestone would be occurring.  It took awhile to get there, but as we approached this mark, I wanted to do something to mark the event.  I like to mark events.  I like to mark the beginning and the end.  I like to pause and reflect.  So today I'm pausing and reflecting.

This blog began as a way to share our adoption of Simon from China.  Almost 5 years later, we've added another child, spent 19 days in the hospital, went to school for the first time, switched to Mandarin immersion, buried three grandparents and one parent, and made plans to adopt another child.  We celebrated together and cried together.  I've shared mistakes (remember my yelling at our neighbor and walking to his house to apologize?) and shared milestones (Penny is walking!).  

So now the blog has surpassed 50,000.  As I logged in this afternoon the number was officially at 50,075.

Thanks.

Thanks for reading.  Thanks for watching our adoption video.  Thanks for praying for our family.  Thanks for leaving comments.  Thanks for sending private messages.  

The most important thing that I hope the blog has done is glorify God.  He is the leader of our house and we pray that all the decisions that we make, the language that we use, the discipline of our kids, the stories we tell. . . we pray that it all glorifies Him.  Of course we make mistakes. . . we sin. . . but do we ask to be forgiven?  Do we strive to do better?  Are we in the process of being made holy in His likeness?  I hope that if this blog were to be read from start to finish the answer would be "yes".

To celebrate 50,000 Gary and I are going to donate $50.00 to a charity, although we don't know yet what charity it will be.  That is where you come in.  What is your favorite non-profit and why?  If you were to ask me I'd respond with "ICC because they are doing Kingdom work and currently they are raising and nurturing Michael.  Camp Roger because not only did God change my life there, He continues to change the lives of the kids and adults who work and participate in its programs.  And Zeeland Christian School because what my kids are getting there is nothing short of amazing.  God will be changing their lives for good through the staff and students."  We aren't going to donate to any one of those places to celebrate 50,000 hits.  We want YOU to leave a comment with the name of an organization that God is using in wonderful ways.  Tell all of us why it is worthy of a Sprickcrew donation.  We'll take all the comments, draw one of of a hat/bowl/pan/basket and send them a check.  Plus--we'll all get to see and celebrate different organizations being used by God.  I'm excited to learn more from you!  So press the comment key and let me know your passion.  Go on now.  Just do it.

Again--thank you.

1 comment:

GOTG said...

Help a kid go to Camp. :)

Help a family adopt their own little duck.

Buy Thanksgiving dinner for a family through Mel Trotter.

Buy lunches for kids through Kids Food Basket.

Touch a life like you've touched mine.