Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mannequin Night

Tonight members of the Orphan Care team at our church are hosting a fundraiser for our family.  I'm rejoicing and having a hard time with it.

Hard time: It goes against my "pride" to accept this help.  It is hard for me to attend an event where folks are donating to help us financially.

Rejoice: Our friends care so much about orphans and specifically about Michael and our family that they are willing to donate time and money to help bring him home.  Imagine how much Our Father is smiling about that one!



So tonight I will put aside my pride.  Instead I will focus on how much we all love this sweet little boy whom I don't even know yet.  I will be amazed at how God moved the hearts of others to help us in this way.  I will laugh and I will cry.  I know it.  I won't stress out that my kids can't hold a pose while pretending to be mannequins.  I will pray often during the night for Michael. . .knowing that God will bring him home in His perfect time.  Then tomorrow I will rejoice even more as I worship Him.  It is going to be quite a night.  

May God be glorified through it all.


No comments: