Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Coasting

So I came to the conclusion this morning that I've been coasting when it comes to school and Penny.  I'm working hard to get it together with the older ducks.  I'm checking newsletters, I'm packing lunches, I'm looking on the chart to see what specials are on for the day. . . I'm trying to be on my A-Game every day.

Penny however goes to school once a week.  She is three.  I've been less concerned with her.  Hey--go to school!  Enjoy it.  Play dress up.  Keep your clothes on this week.  Love it.

Yeah--you might remember how last week I brought her at the wrong time.  I did get that right this week.  (Pat myself on the back.)  Well, I did not bring along the show-n-tell for this week.  Everyone had something that is a circle and Penny. . . Penny did not.  I took one of my earrings out (thanks for the suggestion Lori!) and Mrs. Walters gave me a baggie to put it in.  I explained to Penny that this was a circle and she should identify it as such when it was her turn.  I'm not sure if she did.  I received the earring back, but the only thing she could tell me was that she wanted to sit on the special chair and Mrs. Walters said "no".  (It'll be her turn when she is the special person--October 9).  I did get this response when I asked her if she had listened to a story.  "Yes.  It was about Jesus (my heart swelled a bit) and how he was at the beach and got a spider."  Good job sweetie.  Glad you are having fun in class.

I had a wonderful week-end, especially on Saturday.  I had a date.  Not just any date with Gary, but a day date.  A date at night is great, but I'm tired.  We leave before dinner, have dinner, chose an after dinner activity, and come home.  It is wonderfully  nice to be together and to not put the ducks in bed.  But a day date is different.  We are awake and alert.  We laugh a lot.  We covered two meals!  Gary's boss couldn't use tickets to the Notre Dame/Michigan State game in South Bend.  He gave them to Gary!  We had a great drive, we had a decent tailgate (I'm not good and/or comfortable with making small talk with strangers.) and enjoyed the game.  We sat in the wrong seats twice.  We laughed and laughed at the folks around us and their comments.  We loved seeing the bands!  We loved watching the student section.  We cheered for good plays on the field.  I stood with other Notre Dame fans and watched the players run by on their way into the stadium.  I held Gary's hand for much of the day.  It was great.  Great great great.  Our kids stayed with friends and then on some other Saturday, their kids will stay with us.  Good trade.

This afternoon I tried a new hair coloring product.  I'm feeling rather albino as my hair is almost white and I think I burned my scalp.  There is still a little pain (I took it off over and hour ago) although it isn't as red as it initially was.  Gary said he's going to buy me pink contact lenses to go with the rest of my albino head.  I might not leave it on as long next time. 

No comments: