I'm sitting here with my foot up. Sitting. I'll be sitting most of the day because I had surgery on the big toe on my right foot. In ten days I get to do it all over again on my left foot. Woo-Hoo! (Read that again in a very dull tone please.) My feet are not beautiful. My toes are not beautiful. I remember a friend laughing at my feet saying she had never seen toenails like mine. Right now I'm super numb and it will last for 10 hours. I'm all about that. The worst part about it is getting numb with three shots--this is the third time I'm having this done--so I knew what to expect. It wasn't too bad though.
Last night was the circus--Garrison won tickets on a local radio station. It was awesome to watch my kids watch the circus. I love being a mom and seeing the world in a new way through their eyes. A late night meant an off morning though, especially when I forgot to have them do their homework after school on Thursday so I had them work on it during breakfast. Simon kept adding wrong. Noel cried. Garrison forgot to keep eating. Penny kept wanting to "see it". It was a morning and they made it to the bus on time--although not all of the homework is done.
Tomorrow I'm going on a date. Gary's boss gave us tickets to the Notre Dame/Michigan State game and we are going! I'll keep my toe up as much as I can. :) Hope that you enjoy your week-end.
No comments:
Post a Comment