Wednesday, March 28, 2012

If only Simon could fart more.

I'm feeling disconnected from the hospital scene as I wasn't there at all today.  The first time that has happened since we began our journey.  Here is what I know.

1. Simon is off of liquids again.  This was very hard for him to accept (me too!).  His belly is distended again and the docs were concerned about the blockage still being there.  They did not. . . I repeat did not insert another ng tube.  Instead they. . .
2. Took an x-ray.  It looks like this boy is full of gas and the cure is walking.  Gary is quite the pushy father and they have been making laps in hopes of farting.  I found myself praying for farting today--not exactly what I envisioned for my time with God.
3. Simon was able to skype with his class this afternoon.  What a huge gift!  He was able to be a part of story time.  It brought tears to my eyes and I wasn't even there.
4. Simon bent over 8 times to pick things up off of the floor.  This may seem small, but for us it is great!  He hasn't bent over for more than two weeks now.  Yeah!  Small steps.
5. They have begun giving him nutrition in his pic line.  Though I don't like it that he can't eat by mouth, I'm thankful he can begin to get nutrition.  They also pulled out his iv line.  Yeah!  One tube down, four more to go.

I'll be at the hospital all day tomorrow.  I'm eager to be with my guy again, although I did enjoy my home day with the other kids.  Garrison dressed up as David for storybook character dress up day.  He was so proud.  Noel held a hissing cockroach and loved it.  Penny climbed a ladder.  That girl is wearing me out and she is only 22 months old!  Gary even managed to take his lunch at home so I got a few moments with him as well. Hopefully tomorrow will hold lots of farting and then liquid intake.  :)  Until then. . .

No comments: