I've been out of it for a few days. When someone in your house is sick, it takes a toll on a mama. . . it takes a toll on this mama.
Simon is still sick. He has been sick since Tuesday. He has almost constant belly pain and can't stand up straight. We are at a loss. I don't like being at a loss when it comes to my kids. I know our Father has him. I just need to pray for wisdom and discernment and then do what I think is best. I'm thankful for two sisters who are nurses. I'm thankful that I can snuggle with him. I'm thankful for doctors. I'm not thankful that I can do nothing to take away his pain.
So our family is in a holding pattern. Asking friends to pick up Garrison for school. Cancelling dinner plans with friends. Going with only one parent for outings and activities. Getting up in the middle of the night. It is just hard. Hard.
So, I've been living my real life, but not really. Foggy. Strange. Similar. Different.
It also means that I haven't been blogging. Have you noticed? I have. I've missed my regular afternoons where I do housework, exercise, read blogs, and blog myself. I haven't had that for days.
So want to hear my latest problem (besides sick Simon)? I have two pairs of shorts. This was not a problem last week. It wasn't hot. This week: things be hot. Now, I have have two pairs of shorts that fit me. I don't want to buy more. I want to lose more weight before I buy more shorts. See? Problem. Not a huge problem, but please enjoy seeing me in my khaki shorts or lime green shorts. Often. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment