Wednesday, April 11, 2012

And then there was one.

Raise your hand if you only have one tube in your body?

See Simon?  His hand is raised!!!

Today's procedure went great!  Sedation, quick, looks good, bandage for two days, a few scars. . . we are good.  We also had an appointment with Dr. Dahl who is helping us to fight his infection.  Some of his numbers are still too high and some are still too low.  But considering what we've been through, everything is looking great.  We'll continue to give him iv antibiotics at home.  Gary and I are fabulous nurses.   Fabulous!  We even gave him his medication on the way to Grand Rapids today and I pulled off the highway to turn off the pump and flush it.  Gary either gets up in the night or stays up late to give him his meds.  We will be getting this boy well!  Yes indeed.

He seems to be his old self for the most part.  We are getting there and are enjoying seeing his personality emerge.  I like him.

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Hurray!!! Such great progress!