Hi.
Thanks for checking in again! I woke up last night and listened to the thunder storm--a favorite. I love them. I love listening. I love feeling cozy. I feel like it is a very special message to me from God saying "I know you love storms Shanda. Enjoy it. I made it for you." Then, I got to experience it again from the 9th floor at the hospital. We were sitting in it and Simon and I enjoyed watching it storm around us.
After a down day yesterday, well, we Spricks. . . we bounced back. We are making headway and just playing a "wait and heal and gain weight" game. Gary and I took a little class tonight to learn how to handle Simon's pic line in his arm. We'll be managing it at home. Doesn't that sound great? "At home." Lovely.
This is what is holding us back. Infection and Weight. The infection is a bit of a problem as there isn't an oral antibiotic that Simon can take and the antibiotic he is on isn't conducive to be given at home. See the problem? Also, one of his doctors thinks that he needs to gain a bunch more weight. Granted he has lost a bunch of weight, but he wasn't a large boy to begin with. Right now we are pushing the calories (Why can't I have this problem!!!). I even bought Ben and Jerry's ice cream for him in an effort to gets lots of calories and fat in my boy.
Overall I'm encouraged and hopeful, although I know that things may change tomorrow. For today though. . . it was good. We may come home this week-end or we may be there another week or two. When I get discouraged about it I remember an experience that Gary had in the elevator this afternoon. He was riding with another dad and they got to chatting. Gary shared that we had been in the hospital now for 16 days. The dad nodded and acknowledged that 16 days is a long time. Then he shared that his child was in for 139.
Simon will not be in for 139 days.
Simon will come home sooner rather than later.
We will all sleep under one roof.
We have seen God's Hand through His people.
We will see more of God's Hand through His people.
When I get to heaven I can try to gain weight too.
No comments:
Post a Comment