I forgot marshmallows. I worked so hard this morning to try and remember everything for school. I went to the grocery store with the ducks for the first time in a month. I was very happy about that. I needed to remember to make a pie (for the school auction), get the special snack ready for Noel's class (she is the star today!), do some special homework with Garrison, and some more of the same.
We got a late start on lunch, so while the kids ate I made a pie. As an aside--this pie was not my best. It wasn't even number 70 on my pie list. It was quick. It was easy. It was from the church cook-book so I know it is a winner. Is it wrong that I chose an easy pie? The thought did cross my mind that no one will know it is my pie, so it doesn't have to be fabulous. What a horrible selfish thought!?! I should always give my best. I realized my error and then also realized that my best today is an easy pie. I also packed snacks for the boys and got the snack ready for Noel's class. Then of course I had to clean up one messy-moo Penny. Who gave that girl coconut anyway? Her mom must be crazy.
So we made it to school and I remembered everything--except the marshmallows. Noel's class is making resurrection rolls. They roll the marshmallow in butter, cinnamon and sugar. Christ's body was anointed with spices. Then those sweet kids put the marshmallow in the tomb (a crescent roll). After it is baked: the marshmallow is gone! Amazing! :) I know she'll have a blast.
For the past month, I've been skating by. I haven't looked at my calendar. I haven't been cooking (I made my first supper on Tuesday!). I haven't been cleaning. I'm not even sure where some of our things are. Suddenly life has caught up with me. I'm feeling a little. . . like I'm slipping under the water at times. I know we'll get there. I know my family is going to be fine. I know I'll find my cleaning cloth at some point. I know that there will be moldy/smelly stuff emerging from the fridge as the days go on. (I'm not exactly sure what is in the fridge. Hey, I do love a surprise!)
BUT . . .
We are together now. The grave is empty! We will be together forever. That trumps clean fridges, perfectly folded laundry, and marshmallows.
No comments:
Post a Comment