Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pajama morning. . . and afternoon?

It's a pajama morning.
All the kids are dressed.  Gary is dressed.  I am not.

Normally I'm the last one out of my pajamas because I get everyone else breakfast and off to work.  Then, when our morning is settled I find something appropriate to wear.  This morning is a bit different.  Gary was up early because he got called out to work.  He quickly mowed the lawn (sorry neighbors!  7:30 is a bit early).  I made him an egg sandwich (and one for myself) and kissed him good-bye.  The rest of the ducks received varied breakfasts (do you all eat the same thing every morning?), Simon received his meds, folks got dressed or were dressed (Penny), duck duties completed, Penny watched coo-coo clock videos on you tube. . . yada yada yada.  10:00 came and there was a break in the action.  Time to find jeans and a sweatshirt.

About 9:30 Penny began climbing the shelves in her closet in order to get her pacifier.  She was none too happy when I removed my little monkey and put her pacifiers in my bedroom.  She can't open our bedroom door yet.  She threw one massive fit which included jiggling the door handle in one last ditch effort to get them.  So when I went to the bedroom to get dressed--the door handle was broken.  I can't get in my bedroom.  I can not open the door.  It is not locked.  It is broken.  No clothes.  No contacts.  No deodorant.  No comb.  No bra.  No Gary home to remove the handle and figure it out.  Nope.

I was getting dressed so we could do to the Dollar Store.  You can imagine the fall-out when I said we weren't going.  I will not be going out in public in my current condition.  So, the older kids are playing Mario and Penny is getting into the boys' things while they are distracted with video games.  You know--good mama kinds of activities.  :)  We are hosting a Seder in our home tonight.  Hopefully I'll be dressed by then.

2 comments:

LJFredricks said...

I will bring an extra bra, just in case.

KatieKate said...

Lisa's comment may or may not have made me pee in my pants.