Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ring Ring

I've lost my phone.

Sadly, this is not unusual.  I'm not a huge fan of carrying it or remembering to carry it.  See, I'm not much of a phone talker.  I will often misplace it for a few days and then stumble on it.  Gary will just shake his head at me.  He works for a cell phone company.  He spends a significant portion of his day on his cell phone.  He is on call right now so he sleeps with it next to him.  He.  Doesn't.  Lose.  It.

So it has been a few days. . . maybe a week since I had it.  I haven't spent much time looking for it. . . partly because I don't think about needing it until I'm walking out the door and partly because in my head--it really isn't lost then.  See, if I don't look for it I'll somehow find it in my coat pocket, under the seat, in the "hold all" basket in the kitchen. . . you know.  But, this morning Gary took it upon himself to look for it--bless him!  He used his uber powerful flashlight and found his way into the car, mudroom, kitchen, and bedroom.  He did find a gift card with twelve dollars and change on it.  (That was from Christmas. . . again I had lost that one.)  He also found Noel's missing lip gloss (not such a great find in my opinion).  I've spent considerable time today thinking of logical places that it could be.  I've searched all of these locations with no luck.  Simon has a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'd like to have it.  This is quickly becoming a problem.

It is a problem too for another reason.  I've been riding the kids about putting stuff away.  They leave stuff all over.  I trip over it.  What is up with underwear in the living room?!  Hmmm?  I've stepped on three marbles already today.  Marbles don't belong on my carpet especially when their other marble friends are in the bedroom.  I threw them away.  Garrison has lost his Easter candy every day this week for leaving his shoes out.  Do you see where I'm going?  I can't find my phone.  Why?  I didn't put it where it belonged.  Who am I to "strongly encourage in a forceful voice" my kids to find an appropriate home for their things when. . . ahem. . . I'm not doing such a good job.

To my credit I often have this problem.  Oh wait, that isn't a very good credit thing.  I did hear today that a doctor from the hospital said that I had a lot of joy coming out of me.  I'll focus on that instead.  Back to the phone-any ideas?  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  And I did try to call it--either off or dead battery.  I'm guessing the battery.  I've been known to let it go dead.  More to work on I guess.

1 comment:

shanda said...

And I've found it. In the T-Ruck.