Friday, February 10, 2012

12 dollars

I just spent 12 dollars that I shouldn't have spent.  Ugh!  I could have gotten so many other things with $12.00. That would have been a shared dinner for Gary and I.  I could have fed my family for a day.  I could have sponsored someone somewhere.  I could have bought a terrarium or gotten pictures of my dearly loved blown up and plastered them all over my sliding glass door.  Twelve dollars.

Gary is leaving tomorrow to go and see Jerry: his biological father.  Though they aren't close and Gary doesn't consider him to be his dad,but  they do have a relationship.  Jerry is dying and has asked to see three people before he passes--Gary is one of those people.  Gary flies out tomorrow and comes home on Tuesday night.  Would you join me in praying for a big thing. . . a really big thing. . . the biggest thing ever?  Jerry knows who Jesus is, but doesn't have a relationship with Him.  I really believe that God is using Gary to share the joy of Jesus with Jerry.  I get so emotional when I talk about it.  I'm praying and praying that the Holy Spirit washes over both Gary and Jerry!  This is big stuff: eternal stuff.  I'm so honored that God would use my husband for a job such as this.  Auntie Annie doesn't know Jesus either so I'm praying that Gary can share with her again the Good News!  What a huge four days!  I also recognize that Gary is willing, but Jerry and Annie both need to make the choice to ask Jesus into their hearts.  Oh--pray with me!

So with Gary leaving, I wanted to get him some candy for the trip.  I love my man.  I know that he really likes good chocolate.  I had to volunteer in the boys' class this afternoon, so we headed to the candy store afterwards to pick up some chocolate for daddy.  The candy store is dreamy for kids--and makes them ask the same questions over and over and over and over.  The candy store also has buttons and lids and pull things for Jelly Bellies.  The sign says "you pull you pay".  Garrison can't read that yet.  He is six.  He is curious.  He sees a pull and pulls it.  Out falls over a pound of Jelly Bellies.  Aye!  I know own $12.00 of chocolate ice cream jelly bellies.  Not sure that Gary will like those.  I also threw away $.25 because I let the boys each pick out something and Simon left his at the store.  Awesome.

2 comments:

LJFredricks said...

I am praying for you guys!! The jelly bellys sound YUM!

Jana said...

Ha Ha! Boys and reading...when one of my boys was in Kinder he could read a bit and read "PULL" on a handle, so he pulled it! Well, it was the fire alarm in the gym at school! What he didn't read (or maybe didn't quite understand) was the "in case of fire" part! So the school had very impromptu fire drill that day! So interesting when they are learning to read and are curious! Just to warn you, my boys (13 and 17) still LOVE the candy store! :)