Thursday, February 9, 2012

He did it!

Garrison is afraid to pull out his teeth.  I probably was too.  Up until five days ago, he had lost two.  The first one he swallowed and the second came out when his face got hit by a sled.
This past week-end, his top two teeth were both hanging.  On Monday afternoon Simon punched Garrison in the face and Garrison rejoiced because his tooth came out!  Yeah!  (Garrison wasn't upset at all-and neither was I.  Simon was excited to have punched him.)




Then, Garrison comes home from school on Wednesday and his tooth is just hanging on, but he can't bring himself to pull it out.





Gary offers up his pliers.   I laugh and laugh.  Could he really do it?  We all trooped off to the bathroom to serve as witnesses.







 Lo and behold--HALLELUJAH!  He did it.  With everyone looking on, he did it!  He was as shocked as anyone else and we all celebrated.

Now we are off to the Dollar Store for marbles and one shooter.  "Mom, you can get a bag of marbles and one real shooter!"  He has to spend his dollar coin that he received for his tooth.  (He spent the first dollar on TicTacs.  Seriously?  TicTacs?  His money = his choice.)

I really think kids with two missing top teeth are the most adorable ever.  I make Garrison smile at me so many times a day.  I can't get over it and I giggle when I hear him talking.  I'm sad that I can already see his grown-up teeth coming in.  I was hoping for a few gummy months.

No comments: