Friday, February 3, 2012

14 days of love

Amy from my adoption on-line community throws a love party the first 14 days of February.  Mmmm. . . I just might do the same.  (Typing out loud.)  Anyway, she asks all of us adoptive mamas questions and then everyone who answers is entered into a drawing for the day--usually a gift card.  Starbucks, Target, Bath and Body Works. . . something that is easy to ship and works for folks all over the country.  We live all across the United States and it is cool to pray, cry, laugh with, laugh at, and rejoice with these folks.

Today we were asked to write down five things that we are thankful for.  She acknowledged that we all love our Father, His Son, our husbands if we have them, and our kids.  She wanted us to look around us. . . our very usual day. . . the ordinary. . . and share what we are thankful for.  I thought I'd share my list with you.  It will also give you a picture of my early morning.

Today I'm thankful for:

1. Having another box of cake mix when the first one didn't make enough cupcakes 
for a 1/2 birthday treat today.
2. Forgiveness from my son when I yelled at him because of cupcake stress.
3. A husband who has a job and goes out even when getting called at 5:00 a.m.
4. For a daughter who woke up at 6:00 (boo) because now she is down for a nap 
and I can check my e-mail in peace.
5. Kids who are learning to spell.


Woo-Hoo!

No comments: