Saturday, February 4, 2012

Gotta love him

I get woken up by someone in my family almost every night.  I also sometimes wake up to use the bathroom.  That is less an indication of my older age and rather the result of my drinking a caffiene free Diet Coke right before bed.  Ahem.
I am accustomed to the usual bad dreams, wet pants, teething, falling out of bed, afraid of the dark, random crying and once an "I just missed you mommy."  Add to that my husband who is on call every few weeks and receives phone calls and text messages in the middle of the night.  I also have times when I just wake up for no apparent reason and am led to pray.  I really don't mind those times because it brings friends and family to mind.  Plus, I feel honored the the Lord trusted me enough to wake me up and do a little work.  :)
Last night was a new one.
Sometime after 3:00 I was awakened by a push on my shoulder.  This would be Garrison my strongest son.

"Mom, I swallowed a silly band."
"What?"
"I swallowed a silly band."
"What are you doing with a silly band in the middle of the night?"
"I put it in my mouth and then I just swallowed it."
"Well, go get a drink and you'll poop it out sometime tomorrow."
"What?!?"
I poke Gary in an effort to get some confirmation that I indeed speak the truth.  "Gary. . . Gary. . . Garrison swallowed a silly band.  That isn't any big deal right?"  "Yup."  (Gary has no recollection of this conversation.)
"See.  Now go get a drink and get back in bed."

Garrison left and fell back asleep.  I think that is what he did.  I hope that is what he did.  :)

When I got up in the morning I wondered whether this conversation had indeed happened.  I found out that it was true.  All true.  I overheard Garrison telling Simon about the silly band.  I found myself smiling and thinking that I love my life and that I will have to blog about it!  This isn't one I'd like to forget.

1 comment:

our sweet life said...

Hahahaha-seriously laughing outloud...with, let me count, 6 teenagers in the room. Now i have to explaine... :D