Gary is back. I'll post pictures of our pick-up after he downloads them. :)
Gary did a ton of work on his visit with his dad. He didn't even sleep the night before he left so that he could continue going through documents. Dying can be messy. Messy with papers. Messy with relatives. Messy with the body shutting down. Messy with fighting. Gary didn't encounter any messy with people, just with papers. Amen! He worked with Jerry to put everything where it needed to be. He talked with other relatives. He talked with Jerry's step kids. He is good. . . my man is good. Everything is almost together. There is still more to do, but we are almost there. It does prevent Gary from being completely home though. We held hands the whole way home and after putting the kids to bed, we sat together and talked, listened, and did some more hand holding. It is good for us to be together again.
In a Spiritual sense, it does feel good to "Honor thy Father. . . " There is something about taking care of a parent, no matter what the relationship, that feels right. Gary was able to talk with Jerry about so many things. They sat together, laughed together and cried together. Gary said "good-bye" to him and knows it will be the last time that he sees him alive. It is such an interesting road to be on and not one that is traveled very often. This will be the first death of a parent for both of us. There are so many mixed emotions in it all. Gary did talk with Jerry about faith, though not in the way that I envisioned it. I need to remember it isn't my vision that matters, but God's vision. Gary feels really great about the conversations that he shared with Jerry. Gary also talked with his Auntie Annie and a cousin David about living a life with Christ. I love it that God used him to touch three lives. Whether they chose to follow Jesus or not. . . only God knows. I will continue to pray for them as well as love them.
Thanks for praying us through six days apart. They seemed like a long time and yet it seems like he was barely gone. Friends and family helped me a ton and I'm overwhelmed with joy at it all. I was also so thankful today to pack a lunch for my husband while he sat at the table with the kids and showed them some coins from Grandpa Jerry. My heart runneth over.
No comments:
Post a Comment