I blogged about a month ago about the possibility of transferring our kids into the new Mandarin Immersion program at Zeeland Christian. Well, the answer is a big "YES".
After all the list making, after all the stress, after going to all the meetings. . . we just decided to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. Frankly, I'm glad that it comes down to that. I'm glad that God opened the doors and asked us to follow Him. He is allowing it and I am trusting Him.
That doesn't mean that all of the stress goes away. It doesn't mean that I cease being nervous and scared. It means that when those doubts and fears raise their ugly heads, I can give voice and say "I trust Him." Then, I put it away. I'm allowing myself to grieve, but I'm also allowing myself to celebrate that God is asking us to step out in faith and trust Him to do something our school has never done before. Doesn't He love my kids more than me? Doesn't He want the best for our family? Didn't He ask us to go to China to get our son because Simon was living there and not in our home where he belonged? How amazing He has given us an opportunity to celebrate our son's heritage right here in our little community--and at a Christian School no less!
So though our family, friends and the school knew about our decision, I realized my blogging family didn't. Here we go a a new adventure! Now I'm trying to recruit other kids to join mine in the classroom. :)
1 comment:
How exciting! And crazy! And exciting!
Post a Comment