Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Monkey girl

Well, I thought I was in a pretty good place.  I knew that all my kids would be different from each other, but my confidence grew as I walked through different stages with each one.  Potty training, switching from formula to milk, riding a bike, goose eggs on foreheads. . . I've seen a fair amount of things.  So, here we are.  Child number 4.  Deciding to change the rules.
She is climbing out of her crib.  I know some of you are shaking your heads and smiling, but this mama, she aint' doin' no smilin'.  This is new.  Not one of my other kids climbed out of their cribs.  I am tired!

Penny won't stay in when we put her down.  I put her in time out eight times one night.  She won't stay in her crib during the night.  She likes to get out and crawl into bed with Noel and wake her up.  Poor girl.  Noel is sleeping right now because Penny woke her up twice last night--in the middle of the night!  Gary and I woke up hearing Noel's sleepy voice saying "help please".  Penny was hitting her in the face with her pacifier.   Penny will wake at 6:00 and go wake Noel up.  During the day she is smart enough to not come out of her room even though her door is cracked open.  Instead, she'll pull all of the clothes out of her drawers.  She'll get into her closet.  I found her this morning sitting in the laundry basket wearing a rain boot and reading a book.  ACK!
We'll be putting her in a big bed sometime this week.  I'm washing her new sheets right now.  Hopefully we can teach this chica how to stay put!


Oh, and she has decided to climb into her high chair as well!  She climbs in and tells me when she needs a "nack peas.  Yes I do!"  Love her!

2 comments:

LJFredricks said...

Like Greg always says, Its a really good thing she is soo cute!!

Nancy said...

Laughing so much - she's adorable! I wouldn't know what to do either as my kids never climbed out. We are counting down the weeks until Megan moves into Emily's room, and I'm dreading it. I know it will eventually work out fine, but I'm thinking we are going to have a few days (if not more) of lack of sleep. If Megan start climbing out of the crib at the same time, I don't know if I can handle it! :)