Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My new friends

Hi all!

I might know you.  I might not know you.  If I don't know you personally. . . perhaps you'd like to know me better.  Perhaps you think I'm kinda a crazy nut.  Perhaps you wish I blogged more or maybe less.  Perhaps you joined in our adoption journey and are disappointed there aren't more posts about that.  Maybe you've been learning about addiction or living as an addict or living with an addict or you know my folks.  Maybe you've been drifting off because the drama is for the most part gone.  Let's face it, we like to read about drama.  Maybe you love me and are a part of my life whether weekly or yearly.

I've been thinking about such things because I follow a number of blogs.  I don't have them posted on the side bar.  I'm not so talented as you've gathered.  Some are dear friends.  Some are folks that I know, but not on a regular friendship kind of thing.  Some I've stumbled upon be it as a recommendation, a link from a blog I follow, a common interest, or in one case. . . I hit the "next blog" button and am praying for a couple who had an embryo implantation.  Exciting!

So, I've been thinking that I feel like I know these people.  Anna who lost her son Jack.  Never met her.  Never will (until we get to heaven).  I weep with her, pray for her, and have even referred to hear as "my friend".  Is she?  Kelle lives in Florida and is a photographer and author.  I know we would get along. . . except I think we really wouldn't get along.  I want to get along with her.  I want to snuggle with her girls.  WHAT?!  I feel like I'm a better sewer because I love Rae.  I don't know how to sew but feel like I totally could buy one of her patterns.  I love Mondays and Thursdays because Katie comes for a visit.  She might even name a cow after me and I'd be honored.  I follow so many DenBleyker and their relatives blogs it isn't even funny. . . well of course it is funny.

Blogging has given me an intimacy with friends and real/imaginary people.  Where are the lines?  Do you feel this way about me.

See, I don't blog about everything.  I'm very careful what I put on here.  I'm honest-yes.  I don't share everything though.  I think neither you nor I could handle it.  But. . . I'm curious.  I'd love to sit down and ask my cyber friends a few questions--these folks I think I know and love so well--but it is all fake.  Do you have questions for me?  Perhaps there is a gaping hole you'd like to be filled.  Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail at s.koeman@yahoo.com.  Maybe I'll chat about it, maybe I'll think about the mean things you said, maybe I'll be blessed, maybe I'll be changed for good.

I'm thankful for you.  Blogging gives me a outlet, a record, a place to process. . . I find myself thinking about what I could write about.  I think it is healthy for me.  Thanks for reading.  For this girl who needs affirmation regularly, you are certainly helping me out.

3 comments:

Cubanita said...

I love reading what you write! And often smile as I think about fresh out of college Shanda, teaching my bible class when I was only 14 years old vs. Shanda the mom, wife and friend. I am still learning from you!!!! :) One of the best parts about being a christian is the everlasting friendship we have with other believers, no matter where life takes us...we will always have HIM bringing us all back together!

KEEP WRITING!

Jana said...

I love reading your blog! The fun, descriptive stories about your children's antics remind me of a previous time in my life and help me appreciate the stage I find myself in now. Love reliving those days through your blog, while still getting an uninterrupted night's sleep! :)

one blessed mama said...

if you ever stop blogging i think i'll curl up in the fetal position and cry for days. (i tend to exagerate but whatever...you know what i'm saying.)

i LOVE your blog. although life has taken us to seperate parts of the country, my heart is still with you in michigan. i often feel like i'm 'missing out' on my family and friends that i've left behind....but thanks to you, i feel just a tad bit connected.

although i don't see you and your kiddos as often as i'd like, i feel like i know them. when i saw them last summer, i felt like i KNEW them. i LOVE that. thank you for sharing your life here with us!

i love your honestly on parenting/life topics!
your faith inspires me to better me.
i love you dear girl.
thank you for bringing sunshine to my life.