I'm tipping my hat to single parents.
You don't have someone to give you a moment off.
You don't have someone else to brush the teeth of your children.
You don't have someone to give a wink to or roll your eyes at.
You don't have someone to help you load up breakfast plates, or lunch plates, or supper plates.
You don't have someone to help you cut up food.
You don't have someone to help you put the dishes away.
You don't have someone to ask for advice about discipline.
You don't have someone to crash on the couch with after all the kids are in bed.
You don't have someone else to watch the kids while you shower.
You don't have someone else.
I grieve for my friends who are new widows. I grieve for my friends who are separated or divorced. I respect you and can't even begin to know how difficult and challenging and frustrating is can be for you.
I've been a single parent for two days. It is going great. Great. Really and truly. I know though that my Gary will be returning on Tuesday. I know that I need to have the patience of two parents for only two more days. Not everyone gets that opportunity.
God bless you.
1 comment:
i, too have a few single friends who are doing life alone and i tip my hat to them OFTEN.
i'm the girl who calls her hub, everyday, 2 hours before he's due home, just to hear his voice....just to know that he is indeed going to be 'on time'!
so thankful for my back-up!
Post a Comment