Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"sigh"

So we took down the crib this morning. Penny played all morning on her new bed. She was so exhausted this afternoon that she fell asleep right away, but slept very little and was crabby all afternoon. Boo. Now I think she is a bit scared. I would be too. Little person, big bed, limited vocabulary, no more safety bars. . . So I'm sitting here in the room both for comfort and for security. She keeps greeting out, standing up, playing with the shades, crying on and off, and just generally doing everything but sleep. Good times. I have the iPad and am blogging away. It'll take a bit, but we'll make it. No worries, just a pain right now. Ah yes, the life of being a parent. Then there is also the life of being a son. Gary is working so much on his dad's estate. He is the executor and things don't always go so smoothly when all the stuff is in California. We are thankful for computers, fax machines, overnighted mail and the phone. Jerry's nurse thought he might live through the end of next week, although the reports today were more encouraging. Then does he fly back out? Do I go with him? He had a conversation about heaven with his step daughter Laura after Gary left. We are encouraged by that. And so it goes. One child cries because his mean mom makes him each three French beans for supper. We laugh together while watching America's Funniest Home Videos. We don't make it to Meijer for groceries and have a very eclectic lunch. I go through the girls room and have two boxes of stuff to get rid of. I walk on the treadmill to Top Chef. We are good. We are normal. We are blessed.

No comments: