Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jesus Jesus Jesus

I'm sitting in front of the computer listening to gospel music on Pandora.  I decided to hit up something new for this afternoon and I'm being blessed.  I generally listen to Christian Contemporary music. . . or Christmas or NPR or the various kids cds we have in the car.  This is my music listening life.  Today however something is different.  I needed something different.  "Jesus Jesus Jesus" is being played.  I've never heard it before and I like it.  Yes, I'm being blessed with new words in new tunes and in new ways.  Yeah!

I made new bars yesterday for Bible study this morning.  This was not a good idea.  Try new recipes for good friends or immediate family-this is my tip for the day.  I realized that impressing my dear friends on Tuesday morning is way too important to me.  Ah. . . "Soon and Very Soon" just begun.  Thank you Jesus!  It is good for me to be humbled.  It is also good for me to quickly try to make another batch of cookies a half hour before going to church and having that go. . . horribly wrong!  It was horrible, it just wasn't right.  I disregarding the whole "chill the batter" thing.  When a recipe says to chill the batter--it means it.  I also burned onions while making lunch.  My house reeks and I have 20 crappy cookies on the counter.  Sometimes I need that.  I, I mean Gary forgot to put money under Garrison's pillow for the tooth he lost yesterday.  Laugh Shanda.  Laugh and have joy and clean up the onions and give the cookies to your kids and put money under the pillow tonight and realize that you are not the best. . . but you are the best for this house, for these kids, for these moments.

I'm continually being made new.  I'm continually learning what it means to be a better mom.  I'm trying to learn how to be a better wife.  I'm learning.

Gary's biological father discovered five masses in his body this week-end.  Well, he didn't discover them. . . but was told of the discovery by the doctors.  :)  Gary is looking to fly out to California sometime soon.  Jerry (Gary's biological father) has opted for no treatment, just care.  A friend arrived at my house on Sunday sharing with us that her mom had been hit by a car while on a walk.  My friend left to go and see her mama.  I would too.  Her mom is going to be o.k.--lots of cuts, sore, a few broken bones. . . .Oh friends.

Life is more than good bars and praise from friends.  I'm thankful for that.  Otherwise, I'd be in a heap of trouble.

Soon and very soon we are going to see the King.  No more crying there!  No more dying there!  Soon and very soon I am going to see the King!

No comments: