A magnificent surprise awaited me in my email inbox this morning. Pictures. Six pictures of my sweet Michael. Six. So many adoptive parents long for more pictures and this morning I received six. I gazed at them and showed Gary before he left for work at 7:00. Later I forwarded them off to family. I thought often about them and how I'm excited to hug my boy.
I've had a bit of trouble though with the writing the came with the pictures. "Hi Shanda. I'm still looking for time to put some photos together, but in the meantime I had to photograph all the children for sponsors today, here's a few you might like. G"
Sponsors. Our family sponsors a child through ICC. If Michael's picture was taken, it means that he has one or more sponsors. It gives me such joy that there are folks who have been giving money to help with his care and praying for him when we didn't even know that he was our son! Isn't God so very amazing?!? It also breaks my heart that he and others need to be sponsored. These are the least of these and ICC needs help to cloth and feed and educate and give therapy to and shelter to the least of these. Wait. That isn't true about these kids. Not anymore! God has shown me the best part. They are no longer the least of these! These special needs kiddos are loved and cared for and encouraged. They get hugs. They learn how to crawl and walk. They get properly disciplined. They get the nutrition they need to grow. They have people who smile at them every day. Folks sing with them and read books to them. Since coming into the care of ICC Michael is no longer hording food and he is growing against the curve.
I wish we could thank the sponsors who took our Michael and put his picture on their fridge. They are praying for him much like we are praying for and giving money every month for Dang Zhi Xun. It is so funny how it both elates and hurts my heart that Michael needed sponsorship. God is certainly teaching me so very much on this new journey of ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment